ReNew! Youth & Family Ministers’ Retreat
Join us for a retreat specifically designed to support and equip full-time and part-time youth and family ministry staff. Share in the educational sessions and discussions, networking and resource sharing, relaxation, free time, conversation, and worship.
Or, take a break from the group and enjoy a hike, nap, or some time by the fire. When you return to your ministry, you’ll be refreshed and renewed.
- Special guest leader
- Sabbath time
- Resource sharing
Dates & Fees
October 23 – 25, 2023
Check-in: Monday 1:30 pm
Check-out: Wednesday 11:00 am
Fees: In order to make ReNew! more affordable for congregations, we waive retreat fees for professional youth and family ministry staff. However, freewill donations are welcome to help cover the expenses of HopeWood Outdoors.
Online registration is required two weeks in advance.
Campers will stay in the Priebe Center, our heated retreat center with twin beds, showers, and bathrooms. Priebe also has a living room and kitchenette.
Frequently Asked Questions
Register online two weeks in advance.
As a part of your online registration, you’ll be asked to complete a health form. You can submit these online by logging into your account.
If applicable, communicate special needs and dietary restrictions at least two weeks prior to camp. If you did not specify this information on your registration, or if you have specific questions, contact camp directly at (419) 864-8030.
Lodging will be double occupancy in the Priebe Retreat Center. Restrooms are located down the hall.
Please bring your own linens, bedding, pillows, sheets, and towels.
- 1:30 pm: Arrival and check-in, orientation, games
- 4:00 pm: Discussion topics
- 5:30 pm: Dinner, Learning session, devotions
- 8:30 pm: Snack, fellowship time
- 8:30 am: Breakfast, resource sharing, discussion groups
- 12:30 pm: Lunch, learning session, Sabbath time
- 5:30 pm: Dinner, learning session, devotions
- 8:30 pm: Snack, fellowship time
- 8:00 am: Wake-up
- 9:00 am: Worship
- 10:00 am: Brunch
- 11:00 am: Departure
HopeWood encourages all participants to set aside time free from the distractions of daily life. The use of cell phones, computers, and other electronic devices during free time is at your discretion. Wireless access is available, although it is not always reliable in the camp setting.
You will be responsible for dispensing any medications for yourself or other family members. When not in your controlled possession, medications need to be stored in a locked container.
Staff members are trained in basic first aid for emergencies.
A health form must be completed online or mailed in 2 weeks prior to camp. A parent signature is required.
Note that some items are optional or can be substituted.
- Sleeping bag or sheets/blanket
Health & Medication
- Medication labeled and in lockable container; self-dispensed
- Health form
- Reusable face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Toiletries (brush, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo, lotions)
- Underwear and socks
- Jeans/pants and shorts
- Short-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts
- Rain poncho or water-resistant jacket
- Shower shoes (plastic flip flops)
- Gym shoes or boots
- Bible, notebook, pen/pencil
- Reusable water bottle
- Flashlight with batteries
- Table games
Please DO NOT Bring
- Knives, guns, weapons, explosives, or fireworks
- Alcohol and illegal drugs
- Pets of any kind
- Aerosol products of any kind