Facility Rental & Customized Retreats
HopeWood Shores, a 66-acre retreat nestled in the woods overlooking Lake Erie, is the perfect place to recharge and reconnect with friends, family, and colleagues.
Our commitment to creating memorable events makes HopeWood Shores the perfect destination for family reunions, church retreats, and organizational meetings.
Customized Retreat & Event Programming Options
Enjoy flexible rental and retreat programming options at HopeWood Shores, complete with facilities, lodging, and optional food service, tailored to your needs.
Individual Cabins & Shower House
Dining Hall & Lounge
Amenities & Recreation
Seasonal availability subject to staffing, location, and your choice of program. Additional fees may apply for some activities.
Recreation & Fun
Learn More About Facility Rental & Customized Retreats
Let’s make your group’s experience one to remember! Our Guest Relations Manager is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, to assist you with any questions regarding availability, accommodations, program options, and pricing.
Additional Resources & Information
HopeWood Shores is conveniently located just an hour’s drive northeast of Cleveland, providing easy access while still offering a secluded, peaceful setting.
3901 Lake Rd
Conneaut, OH 44030
For those who choose a full-service retreat with camp staff managing program and activities, your rental may include some of the following staff-led activities with additional activities available for a fee.
Complimentary staff-led activities:
- Staff-led Campfire: Staff-prepared campfire which can include: songs, stories, skits, and/or devotion.
- Group Games: Staff leads interactive field or indoor games.
- Team Building: Staff will lead intentional, cooperative learning activities for all ages.
- Crafts: Staff will coordinate and/or lead a creative activity.
- Hiking: Staff will lead a walk throughout the camp property.
- Night Awareness: Staff will lead a session in which participants will use their other senses to compensate for their decreased vision.
- Worship: Staff will coordinate and/or lead time of songs, Bible lessons, and prayer. *Note: Camp staff are unable to preside over communion. (Communion supplies must be requested.)
- Bible Study: Staff will lead Bible stories, activities, discussion, and prayer.
- Devotions: Staff will lead God-focused reflection and prayer.
Additional staff-led options for a fee include:
- Low Ropes Challenge Course: Staff will lead a session of team building using ground-level elements. (Grade 6-adult)
- Archery: Staff will lead a skill session on the safe use and technique of using a bow and arrow. (Grade 6-adult)
Program activity requests must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to your arrival using the Resource and Program Request Form.
For the safety and well-being of all guests, certain activities are only permitted when staff members are present to supervise, including the challenge course and archery.
Equipment requests are free but subject to availability.
HopeWood Shores offers the following complimentary equipment:
- Presentation Materials: Tables, chairs, LCD projector (bring an HDMI or VGA-compatible computer), screen, HDMI cord/VGA cord, Mac conversion cord, TV/DVD only, microphone and speakers, flip chart, podium, whiteboard, and markers
- Craft Materials: Scissors, Scotch tape, paper, glue, markers, crayons, pencils
- Sports/Games: Board games, football, soccer ball, frisbees
- Worship Materials: Bibles, Lutheran Book of Worship, With One Voice (song book), communion supplies
Program resource requests must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to your arrival using the Resource and Program Request Form.
Book your retreat or facility rental in advance for the best experience. A minimum of 45 days notice is preferred but, depending on staffing and availability, last-minute requests may be accommodated.
Please contact the Guest Relations Manager for more information:
Please be aware that during your stay, other groups may also be renting facilities or hosting a retreat on-site. Rest assured, our top priority is to ensure that your retreat or event experience is seamless and enjoyable. We will make every effort to allocate sufficient space and resources for your group’s needs.
There is a 20-person minimum for food service at HopeWood Shores.
We invite congregations, church groups, and clergy to utilize our facilities for day events, free of charge (freewill offerings are appreciated). Our staff is not available to provide programming or food service for these events. Day events may be seasonal and are subject to availability. Click here to learn more about Day Events.